Turmeric, an orange-colored spice imported from India, is part the ginger family and has been a staple in Middle Eastern and Southeast Asian cooking for thousands of years. Beauticians the world over are waking up to the amazing benefits of turmeric and it’s also being incorporated in beauty products.
What’s wonderful about turmeric is that it’s easily available and you can use it in different ways using ingredients that are available right in your own house.If you are able to procure pure turmeric powder, you can use it in many ways to add glow to your skin. Turmeric has a lot of benefits such as:
- help you get a glowing skin
- helps you reduce pigmentation on your face and even out your skin tone.
- greatly reduce the appearance of acne.
- helps in reducing skin rashes as well.
- reduces facial hair growth significantly.
- taken daily can help in countering anemia.
Blocking cancerDoctors at UCLA recently found that curcumin, the main component in turmeric, appeared to block an enzyme that promotes the growth of head and neck cancer.Powerful antioxidant
The University of Maryland’s Medical Center also states that turmeric’s powerful antioxidant properties fight cancer-causing free radicals, reducing or preventing some of the damage they can cause.
- Potent anti-inflammatory
- “Turmeric is one of the most potent natural anti-inflammatory available,” Horwitz states in the paper.