Aromatherapy is one of the oldest methods of holistic healing, equipped to rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit with the use of fragrance or aroma.
Aromatherapy is an alternative and complementary health science that uses the physiological and psychological benefits of herbs essence to manage a wide range of illnesses. The volatile and essential plant oils (the pure essence of plants) are used, through the sense of smell, to promote health and in treating several diseases ranging from stress, arthritis, obesity, cancer, pain reduction and dementia.
The essential oils used in aromatherapy are highly concentrated and should never be used on the skin without diluting them, barring a few exceptions. Different essential oils can be blended together and this combination is called synergy. The synergy is more powerful and effective than the individual oils on their own. The effects of these essential oils can be reduced by diluting and mixing them with carrier oil.
The Natural Benefits of Aromatherapy
There are many natural aromatherapy benefits that essential oils can bring to your family.
- They offer a broad spectrum of protection: They are antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, anti-infectious, and anti-tumoral
- They can reduce stress and anxiety
- They contain powerful pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties
- They strengthen all body systems, including immune and respiratory
- Penetrate and repair damaged tissue, including DNA
- Anti-aging, support longevity
- No dangerous side effects
- Safe for children and pets
- And more…
One important note is that essential oils have the unique ability to cross the blood brain barrier; this allows them to benefit your health in ways that other medicines or natural health treatments cannot.